I work on problems in geometry and topology. I am particularly
interested in the symplectic topology of algebraic
varieties. My research is currently supported
Grant EP/P02095X/2 "Singularities and Symplectic Topology"
(formerly known as EP/P02095X/1 when I was at UCL).
- A Lagrangian Klein bottle you can't squeeze.
- Constructing local models for Lagrangian torus fibrations.
with M. Mauri, arXiv:1905.09229
to appear in Annales Henri Lebesgue.
- Antiflips, mutations, and unbounded symplectic embeddings of rational homology balls.
with G. Urzúa, arXiv:1807.06073
to appear in Annales de l'Institut Fourier.
- Bounds on Wahl singularities from symplectic
I. Smith, arXiv:1708.02268
Geometry, (2020) 1(1) 59-85.
- Markov numbers and Lagrangian cell complexes in the complex
I. Smith, arXiv:1606.08656
& Topology (2018) 22(2):1143-1180.
- Generating the Fukaya categories of Hamiltonian
Y. Lekili, arXiv:1507.05842
of the American Mathematical Society (2019)
- Exotic spheres and the topology of symplectomorphism groups.
with G. Dimitroglou Rizell, arXiv:1407.3173
Journal of Topology (2015) 8(2):586-602.
- Floer cohomology of the Chiang Lagrangian.
Y. Lekili, arXiv:1401.4073
Mathematica (2015) 21(4):1361-1404.
- Unlinking and unknottedness of Lagrangian submanifolds.
with G. Dimitroglou Rizell,
& Topology, (2014) 18:997-1034.
- Pseudoholomorphic tori in the Kodaira-Thurston manifold.
J. Kędra, arXiv:1205.1239
Mathematica (2015) 151(12) 2212-2250.
- Remarks on monotone Lagrangians in Cn.
with J. Kędra,
Research Letters (2014) 6:1241-1255.
- The infimum of the Nijenhuis energy.
Research Letters, (2012) 19(2):383-388.
- Quantum cohomology of twistor spaces and their Lagrangian
of Differential Geometry, (2014) 96(3)353-397.
- Symplectic mapping class groups of some Stein and rational surfaces.
of Symplectic Geometry (2011) 9(1):45-82.
- Lagrangian spheres in Del Pezzo surfaces.
of Topology (2010) 3(1):181-227.
- Symplectic embeddings of rational homology balls
Glasgow Topology Seminar (October
- KIAS Lectures on Symplectic aspects of degenerations
Three lectures given at the
conference in Seoul:
- Lagrangian cell complexes and Markov numbers
Institute for Advanced Study (September
- Exotic spheres and the topology of symplectomorphism groups
Simons Center for Geometry and Physics (August
- Lectures on symplectic and algebraic geometry
UK-Japan Mathematical Forum (January 2013): notes
2, Lecture 3 and
- The quantum cohomology of twistor spaces
CAST Workshop, Madrid (February
- Lagrangian spheres in Del Pezzo surfaces
and Oxford, April
- Symplectic Picard-Lefschetz theory (expository, mostly
from a colloquium I gave in Neuchâtel (April 2012).
- Luttinger surgery (expository)
ENS Lyon (January
- Slides/notes from successful job/postdoc talks