Jonny Evans's Homepage
Email: j.d.evans||@||lancaster.ac.uk (remove norm signs)
Address: Department of Mathematics and Statistics,
University of Lancaster,
Bailrigg LA1 4YW
Office: B64, B - Floor, Fylde College
I am a lecturer in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the
University of Lancaster.
I belong to the Algebra and Geometry Group. I am also a member of
Before moving to Lancaster, I was at:
My research is currently supported by EPSRC Grant EP/P02095X/2
(formerly known as EP/P02095X/1 when I was at UCL).
Me on arXiv and MathSciNet.
- Constructing local models for Lagrangian torus fibrations.
- Antiflips, mutations, and unbounded symplectic embeddings of
rational homology balls.
- Bounds on Wahl singularities from symplectic topology.
- Markov numbers and Lagrangian cell complexes in the complex
- Generating the Fukaya categories of Hamiltonian G-manifolds.
- Exotic spheres and the topology of symplectomorphism groups.
- Floer cohomology of the Chiang Lagrangian.
- Unlinking and unknottedness of Lagrangian submanifolds.
- Pseudoholomorphic tori in the Kodaira-Thurston manifold.
- Remarks on monotone Lagrangians in Cn.
- The infimum of the Nijenhuis energy.
- Quantum cohomology of twistor spaces and their Lagrangian
- Symplectic mapping class groups of some Stein and rational surfaces.
- Lagrangian spheres in Del Pezzo surfaces.
- Jack Smith (2017-2019, now at John's College, Cambridge)
- Symplectic embeddings of rational homology balls
- KIAS Lectures on Symplectic aspects of degenerations
- Three lectures given at the 2019 ASADCS conference in Seoul:
- Lagrangian cell complexes and Markov numbers
- Institute for Advanced Study (September 2016): video
- Exotic spheres and the topology of symplectomorphism groups
- Simons Center for Geometry and Physics (August 2014): video and
- Lectures on symplectic and algebraic geometry
- The quantum cohomology of twistor spaces
- CAST Workshop, Madrid (February 2012), slides.
- Lagrangian spheres in Del Pezzo surfaces
- Symplectic Picard-Lefschetz theory (expository, mostly pictures!)
- Slides from a colloquium I gave in Neuchâtel (April 2012).
- Luttinger surgery (expository)
- Slides/notes from successful job/postdoc talks (Lancaster, UCL and ETH).